Making Pledges / Ways to Give
We invite you to participate in the 2016/2017 Pledge Campaign electronically this year. Click here for the letter from the Pledge Team, Theresa Bowman, George Duckett and Lisa Gluck and Senior Minister, Rev. Bruce Southworth. Also available is a pledge form that can be mailed or emailed to the church.
Invitation to Pledge 2016/2017 Pledge Form for Mailing/PDF
Pledge Form for Mailing or Elctronic Submission/WORD
To submit electronically - send to Valerie Lynch, Membership Coordinator, - email@example.com
Making Online Donations On-Line
You can now make a secure donation to The Community Church of New York UU electronically using PayPal. Click on the Donate button below. Please fill in your contact information and fill in the Purpose box to let us know how you want your gift used.
Donating to the Homeless Shelter
You can now make a donation to Helene and BJ's Place, the men's homeless shelter electronically using PayPal. Click the Donate button below and please fill in the Purpose box with the word Shelter and fill your contact information.
Purchasing Seder Tickets On-Line
You can now purchase Seder tickets securely from The Community Church of New York UU electronically using PayPal. Click the Donate button below to use PayPal to purchase your tickets Be sure to add "Seder and number of tickets" wording in the Purpose box and fill in your contact information.
You may use your Paypal account or your personal credit card.
The Community Church of New York Unitarian Universalist is a registered New York State religious organization and all donations/contributions are tax deductible.
Ways to Give
1. Pay with a Check: Please make your check payable to The Community Church of New York. Mail to Community Church; 40 E 35th ST; New York NY 10016
2. Memorial Gifts: A gift to Community Church honoring or memorializing your loved one is a thoughtful and meaningful way of expressing your sympathy or good wishes. Families will sometimes request, in an obituary, that memorial gifts be made to the Community Church of New York. Gifts in honor of a special occasion or accomplishment may also be directed to Community Church.
3. Planned Giving - Over the years, the Planned Giving Programs of the Community Church of New York have enabled many donors to make substantial gifts to Community Church in ways that have complemented their personal financial planning.
A gift to Community Church can also bring financial benefits to you. Community Church planned gifts generate lifelong income; convert low-yielding assets into a higher income stream at a reduced capital gains cost; obtain significant income tax deductions; and reduce or eliminate estate taxes. Your attorney should be able to help you tailor bequests and structure gifts of life insurance, art collections, and other assets.
Now the Unitarian Universalist Association's (UUA's) Planned Giving website makes it easy estimate then execute various life income gifts under which you can name one or two UUA organizations as beneficiaries. Look for the Online Gift Calculator in the "Related Items" blue box.
Donors often find that a combination of planned gifts produces the best results. We are happy to meet with donors and their financial advisers to design the most advantageous ways of giving.
Gifts made by will are one of Community Church's most important sources of individual support. Bequests provide capital improvements, new buildings and enhanced staffing to accomplish our many missions. These gifts are critical in meeting Community Church's educational, spiritual and outreach needs.
Bequests can be made in the form of a specific gift of cash or property, or a percentage of the remainder of an estate. The latter allows more flexibility in planning. The following language results in an effective bequest to Community Church:
I hereby give, devise and bequeath to the Trustees of the Community Church of New York Unitarian Universalist, a nonprofit New York State religious organization organized and operating under the laws of the New York State, the sum of _______________________ (or ___ % of the rest, residue and remainder of my estate) to be used for the general purposes of the Community Church of New York (or for a particular program of your choosing).
The large cash value resulting from a relatively small premium makes a life insurance policy an attractive planned gift. A gift of life insurance may be made in one of three ways:
1. Donate a fully paid up policy, naming Community Church of New York Unitarian Universalist irrevocable owner and beneficiary. The donor is entitled to an income tax deduction for an amount equivalent to the cash value of the policy.
2. Donate a policy on which premiums are still owing, naming Community Church of New York Unitarian Universalist irrevocable owner and beneficiary. The donor is entitled to an income tax deduction for an amount equivalent to the cash value of the policy and for any additional gifts to fund premium payments.
3. Purchase a new policy, naming Community Church of New York Unitarian Universalist irrevocable owner and beneficiary. The donor is entitled to an income tax deduction for gifts made to Community Church that are designated for premium payments.
Donation of Appreciated Securities
1. You receive gift credit and an immediate income tax deduction for the fair market value of the securities on the date of transfer, no matter what you originally paid for them.
2. You pay no capital gains tax on the securities you donate.
3. You can direct your gift to a specific fund or purpose.
4. You have the satisfaction of making a significant gift now or funding a life-income gift that benefits Community Church later.
Matching gifts can increase the amount of your donation. If you or your spouse/partner are affiliated with a company that has a matching gift program, obtain a matching gift form from the human resources office where you work. Include the completed form with your donation.
Check here to see if your employer participates in a matching gifts program. We advise that you confirm the employer matches gifts to religious organizations.
Level Amount / Monthly
1. Emerson’s Emmisaries $10,000 / $834
2. Trustee’s Circle $5,000 / $417
3. Sustaining $2,400 / $200
4. Maintaining $1,200 / $100
5. Supporting $600 / $50
6. Assisting $240 / $20
Emerson’s Emmisaries is Community Church’s leadership unrestricted annual giving group. Members of Emerson’s Emmisaries form the most critical base of support for Community Church and serve as a powerful motivator for garnering greater participation in support for CCNY. Through their vision and generosity, members of the Emerson’s Emmisaries are an inspiration and example to others.
Fair Share Giving by Income, Challenge Pledge
Gross Income Annual
From To % Pledge Amount
$ 10,000 $ 14,000 2.0% $ 200 - $ 280
15,000 19,000 2.7% 400 507
20,000 24,000 3.0% 600 720
25,000 34,000 3.4% 850 1,156
35,000 49,000 3.9% 1,350 1,890
50,000 64,000 4.2% 2,100 2,688
65,000 79,000 4.5% 2,900 3,525
80,000 99,000 4.5% 3,600 4,455
100,000 124,000 4.6% 4,600 5,704
125,000 149,000 4.7% 5,850 6,973
150,000 199,000 4.8% 7,200 9,552
200,000 + 5.0% 10,000+
You may give any amount you wish ($100 minimum on the website).