April 2, 2013
Here is a review of what has taken place in our search for a new senior pastor/head of staff since the first of the year. After taking the Christmas holidays off to rest and reenergize, the Pastor Nominating Committee started meeting again in mid January. Since that time much has happened in a relatively short period:
Over the past two months, we have met as a committee nine times, with a lot of additional work being done at home.
- We informed the Presbyterian Church (USA) that we were open to receiving new Personal Information Forms (PIFs) — that is, new candidates’ resumes.
- We have looked at the websites of all PC(USA) churches with more than 500 members and personally contacted about 100 pastors or associate pastors at some of these churches.
- All of these efforts have resulted in our receiving and reviewing to date, 59 new PIFs, with more arriving every week.
- We have conducted six first interviews with candidates, using skype technology, and we have more scheduled.
- We have conducted, or scheduled, four second skype interviews with candidates we find very interesting.
- We are very excited about the progress we have made in a relatively short period of time and the new candidates we are talking to.
We are committed to keeping you informed as to our progress as frequently as possible so you will know as much as we can share with you. We continue to need your prayers, and our candidates need your prayers. We fully trust that God will bring the right candidate for First Pres in God’s time.