What is Stephen Ministry?
Stephen Ministry is ...a program of our congregation that equips lay persons to provide distinctively Christian one-to one care to those who are experiencing all kinds of life needs and circumstances, both in our congregation and community.
Stephen ministers are committed Christian people who ...
1. express God's care through their lives to others;
2. receive 50 hours of initial training in important caring ministry skills and concepts;
3. are commissioned as Stephen Ministers after completing their initial training;
4. visit another person regularly and dependably and offer Christian support and care;
5. participate in regular support and supervision under the guidance of trained Stephen Leaders;
6. are committed to preserving the confidential nature of the caring relationship;
7. serve for at least two years;
8. receive continuing education and skill building throughout their years of service.
Who uses Stephen Ministry?
I’m interested in becoming a Stephen Minister.
Contact Stephen Ministry