Salem United Methodist Preschool provides a high quality learning program with emphasis on the individuality of each child. The program is intended to supplement and extend early home experiences. Young children are nurtured in an atmosphere that encourages social, emotional, spiritual, physical, and intellectual growth. Children are provided with individual experiences in the classroom as well as small group and large group experiences. Separate music and movement classes are provided, as well as physical activities, including aerobics, indoor and outdoor play. A session with the Nature Lady takes place monthly as well.
9:00 a.m. to 11:45 a.m. with a variety of lunch options Monday through Friday afternoons. Early Arrival is also available Monday through Friday. Extended day and enrichment classes are also available from 11:45-2:30 p.m.
12:15 p.m. to 2:45 p.m.
A Typical School Day
• time for dramatic and constructive play
• art experiences
• musical activities
• story and sharing times
• developmental activities related to audio and visual discrimination, eye-hand coordination and small and large muscle control
• a time for free choice of learning activities
• simple cooking and food preparation
• indoor and outdoor free play
Every other week children attend Wee Worship Chapel where Bible stories come alive through singing, puppets and costumed storytellers.